STARTING A GROUP
Do I have what it takes?
- Available time off 1-2 times per month
- Some basic knowledge of your city’s geographical layout, suburbs, etc.
- Means of transportation & carpooling
- Extra funds available in your budget
- Available computer & internet access
- Available & open to ALL social media sites to help stay in contact with people
- Organizational skills
- Leadership & Motivational skills
- Able to maintain long-term dedication
- Creative thinking & goal oriented
- A “go-getter” when it comes to dealing outside parties and communities
- Be a genuine friend & great listener
- Able to accept constructive criticism
- Works well with others on group projects and volunteer work
- Able to accept the possibility of being “outed” by the press during public and social events.
- Able to accept the possibility that your co-workers, classmates, friends, and family may not be supportive of your leadership in the Asexual Community
- Keeping an open mind and willing to embrace ALL cultural, political, religious, gender, and romantic orientation differences and opinions
- Able to maintain a “safe space” environment for your members that focuses on keeping information and discussions private and confidential at all times